- Get familiar with IRC (/helpop, /ns help, /cs help).
- Get a desktop IRC client (something that doesn't require you to use a web portal like mibbit.com or chat.delugerpg.com).
- Make friends (you're not becoming staff if nobody has heard of you).
- There might be more than one correct answers for the 'what would you do' questions below.
- It is preferred you are older than 15-16 years of age. But we can make exceptions if we think you are mentally mature and responsible enough.
- If you do not know any of the answers, don't apply. Take some time to learn stuff and then apply.
- You must know english. We cannot work with you if we cannot communicate with you.
- Its not fun. Its quite boring work.
- You don't get to ban people because you don't like them. This means you need to be nice to your enemies.
- You get no power/privilege over the game.
To Apply, you will have to send an email to email@example.com with the subject 'Staff Application' along with the following details:
- Your registered nickname in the chat
- How long you've been in the chat
- How often you visit the chat
- Which one are you more active in? #PokemonDeluge or #DelugeInt
- What country and timezone do you reside in?
- Do you speak any languages other than english?
- How familiar are you with the chatroom rules?
- Are you familiar with IRC and its commands?
- What IRC client do you use?
- Are you active in the game or the forums?
- Why do you want to be chatroom staff?
Also mention what you would do in the following situations if you were an op:
- 'PersonA' tells you he was hacked by 'PersonB'.
- A person starts talking in a foreign langauge in #PokemonDeluge.
- Janitor goes berzerk and starts banning everyone.
- You need to unban someone and ChanServ isn't around. (meaning no /cs unban or !unban)
- You need to ban everyone whose name ends in '^' (With one command. Ban, not kick or warn)
- You need to kick everyone whose name begins with a '[' (With one command. Kick, not ban)
- You need to ban PersonX, but he hasn't been online since 2 days ago. How do you ban him?
- Someone is repeatedly evading bans and breaking rules.
NOTE: Send the email from the email address you used to register your nickname. We can refuse to make you staff for any or no reason. Leave a gap of atleast 3-4 weeks between applications
Forum And Game Staff
We're not looking for any new staff for the forums or the game.